Outer space and stars
1.Describe a car journey you had
2.Describe a place away from your home and you want to visit in the future
3.Describe a new shop that recently opened in your city
4.Describe an ideal house or apartment that you would like to live in
Describe a person you met at a party who you enjoyed talking with
Describe a popular person
Describe someone who recently moved to his/her new accommodation
Describe an expensive gift you would like to give to someone
Describe a piece of technology that you feel difficult to use
Describe a piece of clothing you wear most often
Describe a book you have read more than once
Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about
Describe an advertisement vou have seen that vou did not like
Describe an unusual meal you had
Describe a game that you played in your childhood
Describe an occasion when you got lost
Describe a time when someone gave you something that you really wanted
Describe an enjoyable experience in your childhood
Describe something you did that made you feel proud
Describe a time you made a complaint about something and were pleased with theresult
Describe an adventure you would like to take in the future
Describe a piece of good news that you heard about someone you know well
Describe an occasion when you spent time with a young child
Describe something you would like to study in the future
Describe a historical period you would like to know more about
1.Some people believe that children should do what their parents tell them to do.others think children must learn to think for themselves. Discuss both views and giveyour own opinion.
2. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way forstudents to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school assoon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both viewsand give your own opinion.
3. In some countries, students pay their college or university fees, while in someothers, the government pays for them. Do the advantages of governments paying forfees outweigh the disadvantages?
1. It is a natural process for animal species to become extinct (e.g. dinosaur, dodos …). There is no reason why people should try to prevent this from happening .Do you agree or disagree?
2. some people think that ‘vertical city’ is the best, where people live and work in tall buildings. Others think that ‘horizontal city’ is better, where there are few tall buildings. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Traffic and housing problems in major cities could be solved by moving large companies and factories and their employees to the countryside. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1.Some people think that governments should do more to make their citizens eat a healthy diet. Others believe that individuals must take responsibility for their own diet. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
2.Some people want the government to spend money on researching life on otherplanets. Others, however, think it is a waste of public funds and there are too manyoroblems on our own planet to be fixed first. Discuss both views and give vour ownopinion.
3. Many museums charge for admission while others are free. Do you think theadvantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages!
1.Information technology enables many people to do their work outside theirworkplaces. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?
2.Scientists believe computers will become more intelligent than human beings. SomeTo what extent do you agree orpeople think the development will be negative.To what extent do you agree ordisagree?
1.Development in technology has brought various environmental problems. Some believe that people need to live simpler lives to solve environmental problems. Others, however, believe technology is the way to solve these problems. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2.some people think that it is more important to plant trees in open areas of towns andcities than to build more housing. To what extent do you agree or disagree!